UCCS will close early at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 7 as snow falls across Colorado Springs and the Pikes Peak region.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 1:30 p.m. Classes that are in progress at 1:30 p.m. may meet until that time. Shuttle buses will run until 2 p.m.
The Mountain Lion Open track and field meet at Mountain Lion Fieldhouse will continue as scheduled. The Converge Lecture Series with Anthony Doerr and the Julian Barnett dance performance will also continue as scheduled. Tonight’s Theatreworks performance of “Small Mouth Sounds” is cancelled.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in the Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlertsfor updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.