In 2011, UCCS faculty and students and Air Force engineers from the Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (now the Cheyenne Mountain Space Force Station) worked to design a memorial using World Trade Center artifacts for the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.
A team of UCCS engineering students designed the memorial, earning praise from the Homeland Security Foundation, which secured another artifact for UCCS to build a companion memorial on campus. The companion memorial points toward the larger version on Cheyenne Mountain.
- Photo feature: UCCS and Cheyenne Mountain artifact display unveilings
- Work continues on artifact display
- Save the date: Sept. 12 artifact display dedication
- UCCS to lead 9/11 monument design
- WTC beam unveiled before crowd
- WTC Beam Transfer photo feature
Special thanks to Sue McClernan and Peter Gorder for providing background on the 9/11 memorials at UCCS and the Cheynne Mountain Space Force Station.