UCCS will close Tuesday, Nov. 26, as a strong winter storm moved through the Pikes Peak Region on the last day of classes before the Thanksgiving Break. All campus offices will be closed and all campus activities cancelled.
The Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker originally scheduled for 7 p.m. Tuesday will be postponed to 3 p.m. Wednesday, and tickets from tonight’s performance will be honored tomorrow. Patrons unable to attend the rescheduled performance tomorrow afternoon can reply to the ticketing email they received or leave a message at (719) 255-8181 to request and begin the refund process.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will access to the dining facilities Tuesday until 7 p.m.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.