October is Arts Month in the Pikes Peak region, and UCCS Presents will showcase 15 professional and student productions at the Ent Center for the Arts and the GOCA Downtown gallery. A free celebration of the month’s activities will take place 5-7 p.m. Oct. 5, before the performances of Theatreworks’ “A Raisin in the Sun” and the UCCS Theatre Company’s “Romeo and Juliet.” Registration is required for the celebration event.
Arts Month is coordinated by the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region and coincides with National Arts & Humanities Month. The local Arts Month celebration is in its fifth year and encourages people to enjoy at least one new cultural experience with families and friends. A complete list of UCCS events is below, with the complete regional list available at PeakRadar.
Ticket prices vary for each event and can be purchased online at tickets.uccspresents.org, by phone at (719) 255-3232 and in person at the Ent Center Box Office 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Most performances offer free or discounted tickets for UCCS students (with a valid student ID). Student tickets may be purchased in person or over the phone.
Galleries of Contemporary Art:
- Through Dec. 9: Confluence: Linda Fleming – Marie Walsh Sharpe Gallery of Contemporary Art
- Through Nov. 3: Radical: 50 Years of Libre Intentional Artist Community (1968-2018) – GOCA Downtown
- Oct. 2: Chit Chat: Empathy & Bread – GOCA Education Studio
- Through Oct. 21: A Raisin in the Sun – Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theater
- Oct. 25-28: Lysistrata – Chapman Foundations Recital Hall
UCCS Artist Series:
- Oct. 1: Back Home from the War on Terror – Chapman Foundations Recital Hall
- Oct. 12: Sybarite5 – Chapman Foundations Recital Hall
- Oct. 16: Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company – A Letter to My Nephew – Shockley-Zalabak Theater
- Oct. 26: National Geographic Live – Kobie Boykins, Exploring Mars – Shockley-Zalabak Theater
UCCS Music Program:
- Oct. 8: Collaboration in the Age of Echo Chambers, Part I – Margot Lane Studio
- Oct. 10: Collaboration in the Age of Echo Chambers, Part II: Bordering Li(n)es – Chapman Foundations Recital Hall
- Oct. 18: Aleck Karis – Late Piano Music of Mozart and Debussy – Chapman Foundations Recital Hall
UCCS Theatre Company:
- Through Oct. 7: Romeo and Juliet – Osborne Studio Theater
- Oct. 21: Prologue – Raisin, Lysistrata, Gender & the Theatre – Dusty Loo Bon Vivant Theater
- Oct. 25-28: Arts Bacchanal – Murray & Betty Ross Lobby