UCCS will close Nov. 22 because of a snowy and icy conditions that impacted driving conditions in Colorado Springs and El Paso County. All campus offices are closed and all classes and UCCS activities are cancelled.
The NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer First Round game between Texas Woman’s University and Dixie State University is scheduled to be played today, but the NCAA has pushed the game back to 6 p.m. at Mountain Lion Stadium.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will access to the dining facilities Friday. The Lodge and Roaring Fork dining facilities will operate until 7 p.m. tonight.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.