Provost Tom Christensen appointed a 13-member committee to assist in the search for a new dean of the College of Letters, Arts & Sciences.
Valerie Martin Conley, dean of the College of Education, will chair the committee of UCCS faculty and staff representatives. The committee is charged with reviewing candidates and recommending finalists. The position will be the chief academic and administrative officer for the college and reports to the Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
Robert “Rex” Welshon, professor in the Department of Philosophy, started as interim dean January 1, 2019.
The committee will be aided by the search firm Odgers Berndston. The complete application and instructions are available through Odgers Berndston. The priority deadline is August 23, 2019.
The committee members are:
- Erica Allgood, Senior Instructor, Director of the Department of Communications
- Bob Camley, Director, Biofrontiers Institute Distinguished Professor, Physics Department
- Lisa Durrenberger, Senior Instructor, Department of Biology
- Sam Frank, IT, LAS Dean’s Office
- Cerian Gibbes, Associate Professor, Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
- Leslie Ginsberg, Professor, Department of English
- Jacqui Hatfield, Director for Finance and Operations, LAS Dean’s Office
- Zuleika Johnson,Assistant Director of Development, University Advancement
- Ron Ruminski, Professor, Department of Chemistry
- Raphi Sassower, Professor, Department of Philosophy
- Kimbra Smith, Associate Professor, Chair, Department of Anthropology
- Melinda Utoft, Compliance, Human Resources
- Glen Whitehead, Associate Professor & LAS Co-Director, Bachelor of Innovation™
Head of Brass/Trumpet/Composition/Improvisation/Interdisciplinary Arts