To assist faculty and staff in preparing for the Nov. 14-15 visit by an accreditation team from the Higher Learning Commission, a website housing materials representing the university was recently created.
In addition, the names of the five-person team that will visit UCCS were released.
Web Services, working in coordination with the Office of the Chancellor, University Communications and University Marketing, created the site. It contains more than 1,500 pages of documents including a summaries of the assurance argument criteria, the complete version of the assurance argument, a compliance worksheet and appendices. Two related documents, the Quality Online Initiative and the 2016 Midpoint Review of the 2012-2020 Strategic Plan, are also available on the site. When details of the site visit become available, they will also be posted to the site.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to review the documents and be familiar with them in anticipation of questions from HLC reviewers.
To visit the site, click here.
The reviewers who will visit UCCS are:
- Katricia Pierson, provost and vice president for academic affairs, East Central University, Ada, Oklahoma. She will chair the review team.
- Colleen Greer, dean, College of Arts and Sciences, Bemidji State University, Bemidji, Minnesota
- Barbara Wharton, associate provost, Office of Institutional Research, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio
- William Roweton, professor, Psychological Sciences, Chadron State University, Chadron, Nebraska
- Kenneth Peress, vice president, Student Affairs, Lake Superior State University, Marie, Michigan.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend a mock interview session to prepare for the upcoming visit.
The purpose of the mock interviews is for faculty and staff to hear questions that HLC reviewers may ask and have the opportunity to formulate and discuss answers as a group.
The sessions are:
- 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Oct. 25, University Center 302
- 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., Oct. 21, University Center 302
- 9 a.m. – 10 a.m., Oct. 24, University Center 302