Angela Bender has been named Assistant Vice Chancellor of Human Resources for the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Her tenure will begin February 1, 2023.
Bender comes to UCCS from the Metropolitan State University of Denver, where she has served for the last ten years, most recently as the Director of Strategy and Operation.
Bender has worked in Human Resources since 1992. Most of her professional career has been in higher education, with nine years at Colorado State University – Pueblo in addition to her time at MSU.
Her passions in HR includes hiring, compensation, process transformation and employee experience. Her strengths include customer service, knowledge of all aspects of HR, the state classified system, and the history of higher education in Colorado. She is at her best when she has time to build relationships across campus, collaborate on various HR issues with different campus constituent groups, and working closely with her HR teams.
“I am excited to join the UCCS family. Being a Colorado native, I have dreamed of finishing my higher education career at UCCS and have aspired to be part of the Mountain Lion team for some time,” said Bender. “I am extremely lucky to have this opportunity and look forward to meeting everyone and collaborating across campus.”
A variety of UCCS community members served on the search committee. The committee members are:
- Harper Johnson (Chair, currently holds interim HR position), Assistant Vice Chancellor for Information Technology and Chief Information Officer
- Deann Barrett, Human Resources Manager, College of Letters, Arts, Sciences
- Shannon Cable, Director of Student Employment/Financial Aid/Student Employment/Scholarships, VCAF Office
- Rame Hanna, Vice Chancellor, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion
- Mandy Hull, Managing Associate, University Legal Counsel
- Charlie Kuehler, Staff Association Representative/VC Student Affairs Office Finance and Accounting Senior Professional
- Larry Lee, Executive Director, Auxiliary Services
- Karen Markel, Dean, College of Business
- Terri Wagner, Resource Management Division, Budget Operations Manager
Staffing support was provided by Greg Krems, Office of Information Technology Business Manager.