Among more than 1,500 graduates who will celebrate earning their degrees during the 2022 spring UCCS Commencement ceremonies, 15 are UCCS staff members and family.
Staff who will earn degrees as part of the spring Class of 2022 include:
- Sean Dean, Academic Services Assistant Director for the Math Center, earned a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Research and Policy.
- Brie Escobedo, Career Exploration Coach for Career Services, earned an M.A. in Communication.
- Catherine Grandorff, Senior Instructor for the English department, earned a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Research and Policy.
- Polly Knutson, Associate Director for Dining and Hospitality Services, earned an MBA.
- Victoria Lindgren, Custodian for Facilities Services, earned a B.S. in Health Care Science.
- Michael Moody, Customer Service Specialist for the Registrar’s Office, earned an M.A. in History.
- Regina Winters, Associate Dean/Senior Instructor for the School of Public Affairs, earned a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership Research and Policy.
- Eric Witte, Civics Academic Professor for Institutional Research, earned an M.A. in History.
- Bruce Ziegler, Student Staff Coordinator for the Orientation Office, earned an M.A. in Leadership
- Sarah Fillman, Pre-Health Career Coach for the Career Center, earned an M.A. in Leadership
- Kane Lemasters, Residence Hall Manager for Residence Life and Housing, earned an M.A. in Leadership
- Katherine Pritchard, Academic Advisor for Academic Advising, earned an M.A. in Leadership.
- Riho Sakai, Administrative Assistant for Kraemer Family Library, earned a B.A. in Communication (May 2020 graduate who will be walking).
Relatives earning degrees include:
- Carson Dunckley, daughter of Elyse Dunckley, Fiscal Manager and Research Administrator for the Lyda Hill Institute for Human Resilience. Carson will be graduating with her B.A. in History.
- Taelyr Romero, daughter of Lisa Decker, Clinician and Clinical Research Professional for the Lyda Hill Institute for Human Resilience Veterans Health and Trauma Clinic. Taelyr will be graduating with her B.A. in Psychology.
If you are aware of an addition to be made to this list, please email the Office of University Communications.
Most staff took advantage of the tuition benefit provided to CU employees and qualified dependents. UCCS employees can waive up to nine credits per academic year for undergraduate and graduate courses. For additional information, visit CU Employee Services.
About the UCCS Spring 2022 Commencement Ceremonies
The UCCS spring 2022 Commencement ceremonies will celebrate degrees conferred to more than 1,500 graduates. More than 1,200 will attend the morning and afternoon ceremonies at the Broadmoor World Arena on May 13, 2022, along with family and friends. See the full Commencement program online. View the livestreamed ceremony on YouTube.