Emily Gregory and Catriona Clarke were elected as president and vice president, respectively, in the spring 2021 Student Government Association elections.
Students across campus received links and reminders to vote for candidates on the ballot, and the results of the election were announced March 16.
Gregory is a sophomore studying Mechanical Engineering, and Clarke is a third-year student majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
“We are both extremely grateful for all the support from our fellow students and excited to see what the next year holds for UCCS. Our primary initiative is building up campus community. Moving out of the primarily virtual phase, we want to see UCCS students thrive and are ready to take action as soon as our term starts,” Gregory and Clarke said in a joint statement.
Kristi McCann, instructor of Chemistry and Biochemistry, was selected as the Student Choice Educator of the Year for 2021.
The certified results from the SGA Election Commissioner are:
- President: Emily Gregory
- Vice President: Catriona Clarke
- Director of Finance: Thanh Thanh Tran
- Senator of Business: Jerome Frimpong
- Senator of Public Affairs: Dylan Matchette
- Senator of Engineering: Sean Tran
- Senator of Graduate School: Nicholas St. John
- Senator of Letters, Arts and Sciences: Aidan Clark
- Senator of Nursing and Health Sciences: Miranda Baumgarten
- Senator of Innovation: Stephanie Moyer
- Senator of Military Affairs: Ashley Hoff
- Senator of Multicultural Affairs: Miles Jones
- Senators at Large: AJ Bailey II, Rachel Cauwels, Aidan Meadows, Tapasya Patel, Taylor Silbernagel