“Apparition,” the 14th annual exhibition of senior visual arts students within the Visual and Performing Arts Department, will run virtually through Instagram and Tumblr in April and May, 2020. The exhibition will feature 18 graduating student artists.
Their students’ work evokes notions of identity and circumstance including but not limited to spirituality, inclusivity and ephemera, centered on an introspective approach to personal experiences.
Their work will be available on the Instagram accounts for GOCA (@gocacolospgs), UCCS Visual Art program (@vauccs) and the @socialdistancegallery that is displaying senior art from across the country.
The students will also present on their artwork Wednesday nights from April 15 through May 6. Links to their presentations is available through the Visual Arts program website. The GOCA Tumblr site, gocacolospgs.tumblr.com, will also provide artist features two days before their presentations.
The artists and their presentation dates and times are:
- Martha Wheeler: April 15, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Jem Brock: April 15, 5:30-6 p.m.
- Brooke Koster: April 15, 6-6:30 p.m.
- Jennifer Marquez: April 15, 6:30-7 p.m.
- Emily Osur, April 15, 7-7:30 p.m.
- Ashley Anderson, April 22, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Vincent Grego: April 22, 5:30-6 p.m.
- Julia Mortenson: April 22, 6-6:30 p.m.
- Elizabeth Schmidt: April 22, 6-30-7 p.m.
- Caroline Bodnar: April 29, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Seth Edwards: April 29, 5:30-6 p.m.
- Cheyenne Griswold: April 29, 6-6:30 p.m.
- Nathalia Barud: April 29, 6:30-7 p.m.
- Bryan Bachmann: April 29, 7-7:30 p.m.
- Christine Flores: May 6, 5-5:30 p.m.
- Liz Bristle: May 6, 5:30-6 p.m.
- Niki Puigdevall: May 6, 6-6:30 p.m.
- Tyler Haynie: May 6, 6:30-7 p.m.