Undergraduate students interested in expanding their education through participation in research and creative projects are encouraged to apply for the summer 2020 session of the Undergraduate Research Academy. The academy objective is to support collaborative efforts between the student and faculty member, where both members benefit from the experience.
Students act as research assistants on meaningful projects identified by their faculty mentor. Through this summer-long opportunity, the student gains valuable experience, while being paid, and the faculty member’s research program goals are furthered. In addition to their research, students take part in a summer workshop series and professional development opportunities.
Although the dates of the research internship are flexible, students are expected to dedicate approximately 200 hours towards research from June to August, 2020. Students must attend the welcome and URA 101 meeting in May and all summer workshops held during in June and July. P
- Student applicant must be a junior or senior standing in summer 2020
- An overall grade point average of 3.5 or above
- Project and faculty mentor identified
- Previous URA mentees in good standing are eligible to reapply, however, preference will be given to student and faculty pairs that have not previously received funding from the Undergraduate Research Academy
- Mentors must be tenure-track, tenured or research appointment faculty
Students who participate will receive a $3,500 stipend, summer workshops, hands-on experience and presentation practice.