UCCS will close early Oct. 29 as another round of winter weather moved into the region today.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 4:30 p.m. Classes that are still in progress at 4:30 p.m. may meet for the first part of the class period, but must end at 4:30 p.m.
Campus will close at 5 p.m., and all activities that start at or after 5 p.m. are cancelled. The last shuttle to Lot 580 will leave central campus at 5:15 p.m.
Employees and students are encouraged to use their discretion if they need to leave sooner. Work with your faculty or supervisor to discuss alternatives.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in The Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m., and Alpine Express until 10 p.m. All other dining areas and buildings will close at 5 p.m.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.