Eight faculty members will serve as UCCS Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative Fellows during academic year 2017-2018.
They joined 29 other UCCS faculty previously selected as ethics fellows.
The new fellows are:
- Robert Block, assistant dean and associate professor, College of Business
- Susan E. Davis, senior instructor, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Daphne Greenwood, professor, Economics Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Spencer Harris, assistant professor, College of Business
- Scott Kupferman, assistant professor, College of Education
- Edin Mujkic, assistant professor, School of Public Affairs
- Sang-Yoon Chang, assistant professor, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Yanyan Zhuang, assistant professor, College of Engineering and Applied Science
The ethics fellows were selected after submitting proposals about how they will extend principle-based ethics discussions into the classroom or community, according to Tracy Gonzalez-Padron, associate professor, College of Business, and director, Daniels Fund Ethics Initiative at UCCS.
“These ethics champions are catalysts for students to realize that learning ethical decision making and practicing ethical leadership will make them a better person and also a better employee when they are out in the workforce,” Gonzalez-Padron said.