Chancellor Venkat Reddy appointed a 14-member committee to assist in the search for a new vice chancellor for administration and finance.
Tom Christensen, provost, will chair the committee of UCCS faculty, staff and student representatives and a representative from CU Boulder. The committee is charged with reviewing candidates and recommending finalists to replace Susan Szpyrka, senior vice chancellor, Administration and Finance. In June, Szpyrka announced her plan to retire effective Dec. 31 after almost 34 years of university service.
DHR International, a search firm, will assist the committee. Members of the search committee and DHR representatives will meet Aug. 23. Faculty and staff interested in nominating an individual for the position should contact DHR at email@example.com.
Reddy hopes to announce finalists for the position by the end of the fall semester.
The committee members are:
- Tom Christensen, provost, chair
- Bob Durham, associate professor, Psychology Department
- Craig Elder, associate professor, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Kelly Fox, senior vice chancellor and chief financial officer, Office of the Chancellor, CU Boulder
- Carlos Garcia, associate vice chancellor, Student Success
- Melinda Hagemann, executive director, Development Office
- Harper Johnson, assistant vice chancellor, Information Technology Department
- Eric Olson, interim dean, College of Business
- Marc Pino, police chief, Public Safety Department
- Jeff Reed, executive director, Physical Plant Office
- Jevita Rogers, senior executive director, Financial Aid and Student Employment Office
- Suzanne Scott, budget director, Budget and Planning Office
- Angel Tran, Colorado Springs junior and student government representative
- Anja Wynne, executive director, Human Resources Office
The committee will receive support from Andrea Cordova, chief of staff, and Shawn Hood, office assistant, Chancellor’s Office.