UCCS will close at noon March 13, including all classes and activities.
The closure includes all events, including those at the Ent Center for the Arts and UCCS Downtown. The Peak Vista Community Health Center clinic at the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences will close at 11 a.m.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to the dining facilities in The Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m. Alpine Express will be open during normal hours (6-11 p.m.). All other dining areas and buildings will close at noon.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.