Staff governance at UCCS has offered critical guidance for campus leadership over the past year. Key policy recommendations have included more compassionate snow day leave policies and a change to annual evaluations that allowed for changed job duties due to COVID-19, among others.
With the annual election season underway, you can cast your ballot now for the elected representatives of Staff Association and for pending ballot initiatives.
Staff Association Elections: Apr. 7–21
The open positions and candidates running are as follows:
- Vice President/President Elect (three-year term)
- Season Doebler, director of the UCCS Family Development Center
- Missy Sernatinger, First Year Experience program coordinator
- Secretary (one-year term)
- Kayla Gronseth Boyer, eComm marketing assistant
- Treasurer (one-year term)
- Brad Bailey, finance and HR professional for the Kraemer Family Library
- Karen Talone, office manager for the HealthCircle Clinics
- Bethany Wagar, verification counselor for the Office of Financial Aid
- Demetrius Marrow, academic services senior professional for Student Employment
- Chair of the University Staff Pay and Benefits Committee (one-year term)
- Valerie Carricato, examiner for the Office of Admissions
- Becky Gundrum, business and finance operations manager for the School of Public Affairs
- University Staff Member-at-Large (one-year term)
- Shawn Hood, office coordinator for Residence Life and Housing
- Lisa Potoka, assistant dean of students
- Danny Pape, director of the Career Center
In addition to elected representatives, the ballot includes a vote to establish a women-identifying staff committee (WISC) as a formal Staff Association committee.