As vaccines continue to roll out across the nation, UCCS Chancellor Venkat Reddy announced Friday plans for the fall semester to include a majority of in-person courses and on-campus experiences.
“While UCCS faculty and staff have moved mountains to provide quality remote and hybrid learning, in-person learning works best for many students and for certain research subjects – and we know many students, faculty and staff would prefer to be together on campus,” said Chancellor Venkat Reddy. “I am delighted that we will have the option to be together on campus once again.”
Information provided by local and state public health experts allowed campus leadership to move forward with a comprehensive on-campus plan for the fall 2021 semester, including a majority of courses being held in-person. The campus will continue to provide online and hybrid options to meet the needs of the community and students who benefit from the flexible learning formats.
“Planning is also underway to safely welcome students back for campus activities such as student clubs, sports and arts events,” said Reddy.
While Reddy acknowledged the excitement surrounding the return to in-person learning, he also recognized some may feel anxious after experiencing the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Please know that our number one priority is and will always be the safety of our students, faculty and staff. Our COVID-19 task forces will continue to ensure that UCCS follows all public health guidance and protects the health of our campus community. We will keep you updated with all progress.”
A few reminders for students:
- Fall 2021 course registration: Remember to check your UCCS email on March 29 for a message from the UCCS Office of the Registrar containing your specific course registration date and time.
- On-campus housing: For those wishing to live on campus, the 2021-2022 housing application is now open. Students already living on campus can submit a housing renewal contract.
A few reminders for prospective and incoming students:
- Student Experiences: UCCS is planning for substantial fall on-campus experiences. UCCS will increase access to campus dining options, amenities and facilities, as well as student social activities and on-campus events, as long as public health guidelines allow.
- Housing: UCCS plans for residence halls to be operating at close to full capacity. If you wish to live on-campus, the fall 2021 housing application is now open. As a reminder, students must first be admitted to UCCS before applying for campus housing.
- Orientation: Incoming summer and fall 2021 students can now sign up for Orientation. Orientation is a place for you to meet other new students, register for classes and learn more about all the opportunities that await you at UCCS. Please contact [email protected] with any questions.