If you’d like to be a voice for staff members at UCCS, now is your time.
From now until March 25, the UCCS Staff Association is open for nominations for staff members interested in serving as elected members of the Staff Association Executive Board.
Different from volunteer committees, these elected leadership positions allow staff members to vote on important measures for campus. Through an elected position, staff members can serve as leaders on campus, helping to develop university policies and advocating for staff members’ wellbeing. They will also take part in monthly meetings with Chancellor Venkat Reddy and the Cabinet.
Over the past several years, staff governance has offered critical guidance for campus leadership at UCCS. Key policy recommendations have allowed for free menstrual products to be made available in women’s and gender neutral bathrooms across campus, more compassionate snow day leave policies, a change to annual evaluations that allowed for changed job duties due to COVID-19 and more.
Nominations accepted until March 25, 2022
Staff Association is accepting nominations and self-nominations for elected positions on the Staff Association Executive Board until March 25.
The open positions are as follows:
- Vice President and President-Elect: This position serves one year as Vice President of Staff Association before a one-year term as President. Following the presidency, they will remain on the Executive Board for a year as Past President.
- Secretary: The Secretary takes notes at meetings, distributes meeting minutes to all members and records votes on ballot initiatives. This position serves for one year.
- Treasurer: The Treasurer manages Staff Association funds and the annual budget, as well as assisting with the expenses for events, awards and activities. This position serves for one year.
- Communications Manager: The Communications Manager is responsible for updating the Staff Association website and creating email, web and digital communications. This position serves for two years.
- Member-at-Large for Classified Staff: The member-at-large represents the interests of Classified Staff. Any classified staff member is invited to apply for this position to be a voice for Classified Staff. This position serves for two years.
- Chair of the Classified Staff Pay and Benefits Committee: The chair of this committee identifies areas of concern regarding pay and benefits for Classified Staff, and makes recommendations for improvements to Staff Association and leadership. This position serves for two years.
Email Lisa Potoka Jones, University Staff Member-At-Large, to submit a nomination for yourself or for a colleague, or to request more information. Questions? Email Danny Pape or Lisa Potoka Jones.
Staff Association elections will take place Apr. 5–15, 2022.
Interested in staff governance, but looking for a different kind of leadership? Consider becoming a co-chair of one of Staff Association’s volunteer committees.
About the UCCS Staff Association
The UCCS Staff Association believes valued and empowered staff who engage as their best selves are successful personally and professionally. In everything we do, Staff Association creates meaningful connections, recognition and self enhancement in a fun and supportive environment, so that members of the UCCS community stay and thrive. Staff Association represents all staff members of UCCS, whether classified or university staff. All staff members are automatically made members of Staff Association upon joining the university.