The William J. Hybl Sports Medicine and Performance Center is offering free trial programs for Black Friday, Nov. 27. Register by calling (719) 776-4928. Athletes will train with Centura Sports Performance staff at the new facility at 4925 N. Nevada Ave.
See what program fits your needs:
- Fundamental speed and strength (9-11 years old) 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: The fundamental speed strength program focuses on the ABCs of athleticism (agility, balance, coordination and speed). Our coaches ensure a fun and safe training environment so that athletes develop a wide range of motor programs, and the right mindset for training for life.
- Junior speed and strength (12-14 years old) 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.: The junior strength and speed program focuses on learning proper body weight movements of a squat, lunge, hinge, and push up. This program will also include agility, power, speed and endurance training
- Prep speed and strength (15-18 years old) 10 – 11:30 a.m.: This program is meant to be an off season strength and conditioning program for high school athletes. Athletes will follow a periodized plan of plyometric, speed, and strength training. Athletes will develop power by learning proper Olympic weightlifting techniques that will transfer to the playing ground.
- Runners speed and strength (18 years and older) 8:30 – 9:45 a.m.: Runners strength and speed development will focus on the characteristics needed to improve running economy and running efficiency. This includes core stability, plyometrics, low volume strength training and neuromuscular control.
- Masters Strength Training for sport (35+) 10 – 11 a.m.: This program is for athletes currently participating in a sport or high performance activity (mountain biking, competitive hiking, etc). Athletes will participate in a strength and conditioning program and will receive feedback on exercise technique
The Hybl Sports Medicine and Performance Center is a collaborative partnership between UCCS and Centura Health, bringing together world-class clinical practice, education and research. It is home to a variety of healthcare services provided by Centura Health, including Centura Orthopedics, Centura Sports Medicine, sports performance training, physical therapy, state-of-the-art imaging, nutrition services and many other health care services.