As the UCCS Sustainability Strategic Plan 2020 sunsets this year, the Sustainability Committee is seeking feedback on the UCCS Sustainability Strategic Plan 2030.
All UCCS students, faculty and staff, as well as Colorado Springs community members, are invited to engage with the sustainability strategic planning process.
The draft 2030 Sustainability Strategic Plan has four core strategies:
- Foster a culture of sustainability at UCCS and beyond.
- Cultivate excellence in research and teaching related to sustainability.
- Model sustainability, efficiency, and innovation in our campus operations and facilities.
- Engage UCCS students, faculty, and staff, and members of the Colorado Springs community with events and programming related to sustainability.
In turn, here are four ways to help guide the future of sustainability at UCCS:
- Join the Sustainability Committee and attend monthly meetings. Email Joel Tonyan, chair of the Sustainability Committee, with inquiries.
- Join a subcommittee and focus your efforts on one of the four core strategies. Sign up online.
- Stay up-to-date on progress. Get regular updates by signing up for the Office of Sustainability newsletter.
- Share the news about the strategic planning process. The more people who know about the strategic plan, the more UCCS can work towards reaching its sustainability goals.
The Sustainability Committee is a regular standing advisory committee of the UCCS Faculty Assembly. The purpose of the committee is to advance sustainability ideas and efforts at UCCS in diverse ways, including curriculum, scholarly and creative works, faculty development and campus policies. The Sustainability Committee strives to create a welcoming, inclusive environment for all interested faculty members, staff and students, and to involve as many disciplines and perspectives as possible from across campus to improve teaching, research, operations and practical works related to sustainability.