A 15-member committee was recently appointed by CU President Bruce Benson to assist in the search for the next UCCS chancellor.
Leonard Dinegar, senior vice president and chief of staff, Office of the President, will chair a committee of faculty, staff, students and community members. The committee is charged with reviewing candidates and recommending finalists to President Benson to replace current UCCS Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak. Shockley-Zalabak will retire from the university Feb. 15. She served as chancellor for 15 years and has more than 40 years of service to the university.
Venkat Reddy, dean, College of Business and associate vice chancellor, will serve as interim chancellor while the search is conducted.
The committee will be aided by a search firm, DHR International. Members of the search committee and DHR representatives met Feb.2.
Faculty and staff interested in nominating an individual for the position should contact DHR by email, [email protected], or share the search website, www.cu.edu/uccs-chancellor-search.
The committee members are:
- Leonard Dinegar, senior vice president and chief of staff, Office of the President, chair.
- Kyle Hybl, CU Regent
- Stephen Ludwig, CU Regent
- Jugal Kalita, professor, College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Minette Church, associate professor, Anthropology Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Jeff Scholes, assistant professor, Philosophy Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Robert Camley, distinguished professor, Physics Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Martin Garnar, dean, Kraemer Family Library
- Anthony Cordova, director, Multicultural Office for Student Access, Inclusiveness and Community
- Jevita Rogers, senior executive director, Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment
- Jazmin Munoz, student, and president of the Latino Student Union
- Becky Medved, Colorado Springs
- Jim Berger, Colorado Springs
- Dirk Draper, president and CEO, Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Susan Szpyrka, senior vice chancellor, Administration and Finance Division
Staff assistance will be provided by Kathy Nesbitt, vice president, Employee and Information Services, Office of the President; Andrea Cordova, chief of staff, Office of the Chancellor; and Jeri Barlock, assistant to the senior vice president and chief of staff, Office of the President.
Feb. 15 meetings planned about chancellor search committee
Leave a Reply