UCCS staff didn’t just read names and steer students into line at spring graduation ceremonies May 13. At least seven staff members earned degrees and participated in ceremonies.
Those receiving degrees include
- Carrie Arnold, assistant director, Freshman Seminar Program and Honors Program, doctoral degree in education leadership, research and policy.
- DeShaun Bennett, administrative assistant, Office of the Registrar, master’s in education leadership.
- Raymond Fisco, prevention and outreach coordinator, Dean of Students Office, master’s in education leadership.
- Jacqueline Gatlin, associate director, Student Financial Services, master’s in education leadership.
- Jason Maxwell, assistant director, Admissions Services, master’s in communication.
- Mollie Sutherland, director, PGA Golf Management Program, master’s in education leadership.
- Mikaela Resende, transfer credit specialist, Degree Audit and Transfer Credit Office, master’s in sociology.
There were other faculty and staff who watched loved ones graduate.
Steve Horner, assistant director, Office of Residence Life and Housing, and Katie Harris, academic advisor, Academic Advising office, watched their sister, Laurie, graduate. Anthony Cordova, director, Multicultural Office for Student Access, Inclusiveness and Community, watched his daughter, Anna, graduate.
— Photos by Tom Kimmell