A 10-member search committee was charged this week to find a replacement for Teri Switzer, dean, Kraemer Family Library.
Switzer plans to retire July 1 following a 42-year career in academic libraries and seven years as dean at UCCS.
Mary Coussons-Read, executive vice chancellor, Academic Affairs, charged the committee Feb. 17 and named Terry Schwartz, associate vice chancellor for academic and faculty affairs, Academic Affairs, as the committee chair.
A position description and job advertisement will be posted at CU Jobs soon. Schwartz encouraged faculty and staff to share the position description broadly and assist in building a strong candidate pool.
“I realize in a few months I will be leaving my profession of 42 years and the university I have long respected,” Switzer said. “I am fortunate to have been able to devote my last working-for-a-paycheck years here, among so many of you whom I now call colleague and friend. I thank you for all the support you have given me these past seven years. I look forward to continuing to be a part of UCCS as a community member.”
The search committee members are:
- Terry Schwartz, chair
- Christina Martinez, associate dean, Kraemer Family Library
- Sue Byerley, associate professor, Kraemer Family Library
- Rhonda Glazier, assistant professor, Kraemer Family Library
- Gudrun McCollum, library technician, Kraemer Family Library
- Tom Huber, professor, Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
- Brad Bayer, executive director, Department of Student Life and Leadership
- Benjamin Syn, instructor, Department of English
- Windy Adoretti, assistant dean, College of Business
- Ivan Gaetz, director, Tutt Library, Colorado College