Two candidates for the position of assistant vice chancellor and chief human resources officer at UCCS will hold open forums on campus during their visits.
Harper Johnson, assistant vice chancellor for Information Technology and chief information officer, chaired the search committee charged with assisting in the selection of the position. The Odgers Berndtson search firm assisted the committee in their process.
The finalists, presentation times and locations are:
- Pamela Bowman, 10-11 a.m., Sept. 24, University Center 122. Bowman was most recently the associate vice president of human resources at Florida Gulf Coast University. She was previously director of human resources at Western Illinois University, director of staff relations and benefits at Hawkeye Community College and human resource director at Exceptional Persons, Inc. See Bowman’s cover letter and resume (.pdf).
- Laura L. Alexander, 10-11 a.m., Oct. 7, University Center 124. Alexander is the senior associate vice president of human resources at Northern Illinois University. She was previously senior director of human resources at the University of Illinois at Springfield, associate vice president of human resources at the University of Wyoming, director of human resources at Plymouth State University and assistant director of human resources at Michigan Tech University. See Alexander’s cover letter and resume (.pdf).
UCCS community members are encouraged to attend and to provide candidate feedback using the feedback form (.docx).
In addition to Johnson, members of the search committee are:
- Ida Dilwood, director of Disability Services and the University Testing Center
- Rob Dougherty, executive director of the physical plant, Facilities Services
- Jennifer George, associate university counsel
- Mary Hurless, business and human resources professional for the College of Engineering and Applied Science
- Alex Ilyasova, associate professor of English and associate dean of the College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
The committee continues to receive support from Nan Kerr, executive assistant to the vice chancellor for administration and finance.
This article was updated Sept. 30, 2019.