UCCS will close early April 10 in anticipation of forecasted weather conditions.
All classes and activities are cancelled at 12:15 p.m. Classes that are still in progress at 12:15 p.m. may meet for the first part of the class period, but must end at 12:15 p.m.
Campus will close at 1 p.m., and all afternoon and evening classes and activities are cancelled. The last shuttle to Lot 580 will leave central campus at 1:15 p.m.
Employees and students who live in the Monument, Black Forest and Falcon areas, as well as Teller County, are encouraged to use their discretion if they need to leave sooner. Work with your faculty or supervisor to discuss alternatives.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will have access to dining in the Lodge and Roaring Fork Dining Hall until 7 p.m. All other dining areas and buildings will close at 1 p.m.
Additional messaging will be sent through the UCCS Alerts system if conditions change faster than forecasted and require an earlier closure.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.