The 2010 Campus Awards Ceremony will be at 3:30 p.m. May 4 in the University Center Ballroom, the first time the new venue will be used for the traditional campus spring event.
The annual ceremony honors members of the campus community for their contributions and work during the past year.
Featured awards and recipients are:
- Outstanding Teacher Award: Robert Sackett, professor, History
- Faculty Award for Excellence in Research: Chip Benight, professor, Psychology
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Contribution to Diversity and Inclusiveness: Barbara Joyce, associate professor, Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Outstanding Instructor Award: Linda Button, instructor, Education
- Outstanding Staff Award: Jane Muller, program assistant, Women’s and Ethnic Studies and Center for the Study of Government and the Individual
- Outstanding Volunteer Award: Hans Post Uliterweer, Kraemer Family Library
- Special Chancellor’s Award: Lee Ingalls Noble, retired director, Financial Aid and Student Employment
- Special Chancellor’s Award: Steve Ellis, interim associate vice chancellor, Student Success and Enrollment Management
- Chancellor’s Award: Gene Abrams, professor, Mathematics
- Alumni and Friends Award: Becky Medved, CEO, Peak Aging, and interim chair, College of Business Alumni Association
- Campus Sustainability Award: Judith Rice-Jones, retired senior instructor, Kraemer Family
- Student Achievement Award: Caleb Rainey, senior
- Student Employee of the Year Award: Staci Ruddi, senior
- Thomas F. McLaughlin Award: Jason Shaver, senior
- Thomas F. McLaughlin Award: Kelsey Barry, senior
A reception follows the awards ceremony. All faculty, staff and students are invited to attend.