UCCS will be closed March 14, as Colorado Springs and El Paso County continue to feel the effects of a blizzard caused by Winter Storm Ulmer. All classes and activities scheduled for March 14 are cancelled.
On-campus students living in the residence halls will access to the dining facilities Thursday, with the Lodge opening at 7 a.m. and the Roaring Fork Dining Hall at 8 a.m. Both facilities will have continuous dining until 7 p.m. All other dining areas and buildings will be closed, including the recreation center.
For campus weather closures, UCCS uses multiple ways to communicate with students and employees through UCCS Alerts:
- Text messages – Make sure your number is registered with UCCS Alerts to receive emergency communications. Students are automatically enrolled with their contact information in their MyUCCS portal. Employees and parents can register as well through rave.uccs.edu.
- Email – All students and employees are registered to receive emergency communications to their UCCS email accounts.
- Website – Weather impacts are posted to the main uccs.edu page, alerts.uccs.edu and at FlashAlerts.
- Social media – UCCS Alerts communication is posted to the Facebook and Twitter pages for UCCS Emergency Management, UCCS Police and the main UCCS account.
- Traditional media – During weather events, traditional broadcast and print media rely on FlashAlerts for updated information on closures, and will also share that information.
- Phone – UCCS Police maintain a closure number at (719) 255-3346. People can call that number to learn if the campus is open, on a modified schedule or closed.