As 2018 ends, UCCS Development provides multiple options for donors who plan to make year-end contributions.
- Development staff will be able to accept and process in-person gifts during normal business hours through Dec. 21 and Dec. 26-27 in their offices on the fourth floor of the Lane Center for Academic Health Sciences.
- Development staff will also be available from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Dec. 31 in the lobby of the Lane Center to accept and process in-person gifts.
- Gifts can be made online at giving.cu.edu/uccs until 11:59 p.m. MST Dec. 31
- Call the CU Gifts and Records Hotline at (303) 541-1290 before 5 p.m. MST Dec. 31.
- Gifts sent by mail need to have a legible 2018 postmark date from the United States Postal Service or other carrier. The CU Foundation recommends putting the envelope in the mail no later than Dec. 28. UCCS and the IRS can’t use the date on the check to process 2018 gifts.
- All employees who receive checks mailed to their office should forward all materials, including all envelopes, to UCCS Development no later than Jan. 18, regardless of postmark date. Gift Management must retain these envelopes to help address any questions or concerns on the receipt date.
- The CU Foundation provides additional information for gifts made through an IRA and through a transfer of stocks, bonds, mutual funds and other marketable securities. Visit https://giving.cu.edu/making-your-end-year-gift for additional information.
Resources for all employees:
- At all times, employees should forward gifts to UCCS Development or Student Financial Services on the same day or next business day to ensure timely processing.
- Employees should never give anything that could resemble tax advice. The donor is responsible for making those decisions with their financial advisor.
- Employees are encouraged to change their outgoing voicemail and out-of-office replies to help direct donors to giving.cu.edu/uccs for online gifts by 11:59 p.m. MST Dec. 31.
- Almost all charitable donations to UCCS should be deposited and receipted through the CU Foundation, even if the check is made out to a UCCS entity. The Board of Regents has approved that all charitable donations (with a few rare exceptions) that are intended to support CU and UCCS be deposited through the Foundation.