Mary Enzman Hines, professor, Nursing, was inducted as president of the American Holistic Nurses Association June 12 at the group’s annual meeting in Madison, Wisc.
Colorado Springs Utilities recognized UCCS energy conserving measures at its June 17 meeting. Brian Burnett, vice chancellor, Administration and Finance, and Linda Kogan, sustainability officer, accepted the award on behalf of the university. Since 2005, UCCS has decreased water consumption by 41 percent and per square foot energy use by 26 percent.
Six UCCS faculty members were awarded tenure at the June 22 CU Board of Regents meeting. They are:
- Elissa Auther, associate professor, Visual and Performing Arts
- Joshua Dunn, associate professor, Political Science
- Monique French, associate professor, Business
- Andrea Hutchins, associate professor, Health Sciences
- Travis Peterson, associate professor, Health Sciences
- Xiaobo (Joe) Zhou, associate professor, Engineering