Two candidates for the position of associate vice chancellor of research at UCCS will make campus presentations on April 16 and 25.
Martin Garnar, dean, Kraemer Family Library, chairs a 13-member search committee charged with assisting the selection of a full-time replacement for Kelli Klebe, who is serving in the current half-time role along with her half-time appointment as dean of the Graduate School. Klebe will remain dean of the Graduate School and will return to a half-time faculty appointment in the Department of Psychology.
The finalists will present for 30 minutes followed by 30 minutes for questions on the topic of “The Future of Research at UCCS.” Faculty, staff, students, alumni and community members are encouraged to attend and to provide candidate feedback using the feedback form (.docx).
The finalists, presentation times and locations are:
- Jessi Lyn Smith, 1 to 2 p.m., April 16, University Center 302. Smith is currently a professor of psychology at Montana State University and recently completed five years as director of an ADVANCE Institutional Transformation Grant. She is also a fellow of the American Psychological Association, the Association for Psychological Science and the Society for Personal and Social Psychology. See Smith’s CV (.pdf).
- Louis Nadelson, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., April 25, University Center 302. Nadelson is currently the director of sponsored programs and academic research at Colorado Mesa University. He previously served on the faculties of Utah State University and Boise State University. See Nadelson’s CV (.pdf).
In addition to Garnar, members of the search committee members are:
- Melissa Benton, associate professor, Nursing Department, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Terry Boult, professor, Computer Science Department, College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Grant Clayton, assistant professor, Teaching and Learning Department, College of Education
- Brian Duvick, associate professor, History Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Barbara Gaddis, senior executive director of student support and retention, Student Success
- Gwendolyn Gennaro, executive director, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity
- Melinda Hagemann, executive director of university development, University Advancement
- Morgan Lee, assistant professor, Health Sciences Department, Helen and Arthur E. Johnson Beth-El College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Karen Livesey, assistant professor, Physics Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Michael Sanderson, associate director, Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Integrity
- Emily Skop, professor, Geography and Environmental Studies Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
- Andrea Williams, program assistant, Psychology Department, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
The committee continues to receive support from Dana Herrera-Garcia, administrative assistant, Provost’s Office.
Applications for the position continue to be accepted through CU Careers (posting # 12746).