Presentations will cover topics ranging from CU retirement processes to retirement income options and Medicare. Separate presentations are planned for those who participate in 401A programs through TIAA and those covered by the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association. There will also be a vendor fair from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in University Center 303 with representatives from TIAA, PERA, CU Employee Services and Medicare.
The Nov. 6 presentation schedule is:
- 9-10 a.m. CU Process for Retiring: 401A participants UC 302
- 10:15 -11:15 a.m. Paying Yourself: Retirement Income Options UC 302
- 11:30-12:30 p.m. Medicare 101 UC 302
- 2-3 p.m. CU Process for Retiring: PERA participants UC 302
- 3:15-4:15 p.m. Preparing for Retirement from PERA UC 302
For more details, and to register, visit https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/coming-soon/retirement-ready
Three in 10 people claim preparing for retirement causes them emotional and mental stress, according to the 2017 Retirement Confidence Survey. Reducing stress by providing information is the goal of the Retirement Ready event, according to Michelle Martinez, director of benefits administration, Employee Services.
“This year, I am excited to have a representative from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services present on Medicare,” Martinez said. “That’s a first at these sessions”