Among the more than 1,000 students who participated in Spring Commencement Exercises were three faculty or staff members as well as many relatives and friends.
Faculty and staff who earned degrees include:
- Alejandro Dejesus, assistant director, University Center. Dejesus earned a master’s degree in education.
- Nereida “Nery” Macias, admissions counselor, Admissions Services. Macias earned a master’s degree in education.
- Katrina “Katy” Cathcart, senior instructor, School of Public Affairs. Cathcart earned a Ph.D. in education.
There were others who had family members who graduated. Among them were:
- Tom Christensen, provost-elect, whose daughter, Emily, earned a master’s degree in education
- Suzanne Scott, budget director, Resource Management Division, whose daughter, Britany, earned a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice
- Steve Linhart, assistant vice chancellor, Dean of Students Office, whose daughter, Hannah, earned a Bachelor of Innovation degree
- Jacqueline Gatlin, associate director, Student Financial Services, whose sister, Nichole Ridenour, earned a Master of Arts in Leadership in Education
- Grandmother to earn master’s degree from UCCS on Friday; plans to continue education
- First-generation student to chase law school dreams
- UCCS communication senior to graduate after four tries at college
— Photos by Tom Kimmell