Six UCCS faculty members were recognized for their sponsored research productivity during a Celebration of Research program Thursday afternoon sponsored by the Office of Sponsored Research.
Chancellor Pam Shockley-Zalabak and Provost Peg Bacon joined with Michael Larson, associate vice chancellor for research and innovation and El Pomar Endowed Chair of Innovation and Engineering, to complement all faculty members involved in research and to specifically highlight the work of six individuals.
Recognized for generating $1 million in sponsored research funding in their careers were:
- Gregory Plett, associate professor, Engineering
- Sarah Qualls, Kraemer Family Professor of Aging, Psychology, and director of the Gerontology Center
- Charles “Chip” Benight, professor, Psychology, and director of the Trauma, Health and Hazards Center
Also recognized were three faculty members whose sponsored research efforts have generated more than $5 million in funding in their careers. They were:
- Robert Camley, professor, Physics
- Zbigniew Celinski, professor, Physics
- Terrance Boult, El Pomar Chair of Innovation and Security, Engineering